Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

Movie Review: Contraband

My first movie review is one that I saw in the theaters when it first came out. I forgot about it until I watched it again last night. The movie is Contraband starring Mark Wahlberg.  

SUMMARY Basically the movie is about a former legendary drug smuggler who quit his life of smuggling in order to live a criminal-free life with his wife and two kids. However his wife's brother messes up a run at the beginning of the movie forcing him to do one more run to protect his family.

RATING I will rate this movie 3/5 stars. I am a big Wahlberg fan, but the fact that I had completely forgotten about this movie shows just how much of a mundane action/thriller movie it is. It had an interesting story line and the acting was good but not great. It just didn't have anything to make it stand out from other action movies. Despite this, a few scenes were executed very well. It explained all questions that were brought to attention in the beginning, namely the mysterious 'tarp' that turned out to be a priceless (well actually an easy 100 million dollar) painting. It ended happily as most action movies do with the bad guy behind bars and the good guy happy with his wife and children. However once the credits rolled, it didn't leave me wanting more. 

SHOULD YOU SEE IT? If you see this movie at the store, I don't recommend buying it, like I said it didn't leave me wanting more, therefore I don't really care to see it again (and I swear I am a big Wahlberg fan!). Don't buy it but it is worth seeing once, so rent it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment